In today’s marketing world, social media is an integral part of any successful campaign strategy. With more than one billion monthly active users on Facebook, social media platforms have huge potential to spread names, content, and influence across the web like never before. It’s the easiest way to raise awareness, but are you using social media to generate business leads at its fullest potential?
Social prospecting is the art of searching the social web, identifying potential prospects for your business, drawing them to your site to get those potential prospects to your sales team.
Facebook is the most widely used social media platform throughout the United States, and these tips will make it easy for you to connect, engage, and convert leads with Facebook.
In order to use social prospecting to engage with and convert new leads, you must first create keywords and content that draw people to your site.
- Top three keyword phrases that people use to find you via Facebook search
- Three content pieces that are related to the search results of your keyword phrases
- Three long-tail search queries (keyword search queries that are composed of three or more words, such as "how to sell a car online") that are created from keywords
Once you have determined your keyword phrases and search queries, sign into Facebook and type your long-tail search queries into Graph Search and see what comes up.
- Three Facebook pages that could potentially have leads for you and “Like” them
- Three groups to join that potentially hold prospects for you
Now that you have identified potential leads, begin sharing the content you chose earlier. Start engaging with potential prospects by:
- “Liking” content on pages relevant to your industry
- Asking questions on pages and groups to engage others
- Joining conversations on pages and groups that complement your industry or product
Interested in learning more about how to get new leads with social media? Download our free guide to put other social media channels to work for you.