Cynthia Fagan, MBA, MA, PMP
"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.”
– Warren Buffet
Cynthia joined Q Strategies in 2014 with 13 years of communications and marketing experience. She has worked primarily for entrepreneurial businesses and non-profit organizations where she honed expertise in public relations, marketing, corporate communications, and strategy development. As an account executive, she oversees the research, planning, and implementation of projects for multiple clients.
Cynthia is a book addict who enjoys traveling – especially to places that require a passport. She fell in love with the humanities as a teen and enjoys Mozart and the Met as much as she likes listening to George Strait on the porch. She despises jargon and believes meaningful writing can be both precise and poetic.
Before joining Q Strategies, Cynthia spent five years in corporate communications at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, where she specialized in internal communications and media relations for the organization’s human resources and corporate wellness divisions. She has also served as marketing and development director for the Partnership for Families, Children and Adults and as public relations and communications manager for the Chattanooga Symphony & Opera.
Cynthia has an active life as a volunteer and especially loves causes that develop skills and confidence in others. She has served on the boards of the Kiwanis Club of Chattanooga, Junior League of Chattanooga, North Chattanooga Council of the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce, and Chattanooga Symphony & Opera Guild.
SCHOOL & ACCREDITATIONS:
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Master of Business Administration (marketing), Cox School of Business, SMU
- Master of Arts (arts administration), Meadows School of the Arts, SMU
- Bachelor of Arts (business administration), Trinity University
- Bachelor of Arts (art history), Trinity University
- Kiwanis Club of Chattanooga
- Junior League of Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute
- Leadership Chattanooga Alumni Association
- Project Management Institute
- Bill Holmberg Arts Leadership graduate
Cynthia lives on Signal Mountain with her husband, Paul, two young daughters, a trio of pets, and a hodgepodge of wildlife.